Thursday, February 27, 2020

Assignment 14A – Halfway Reflection


Tenacity & Paying It Forward
1) Tenaciousness is a competency:
One of the behaviors that I have used to keep up with the requirements of this course is turning my work in on time and before the deadline. In this class to do well and learn the concepts that are taught you need to do all the assignments. A behavior that I have started to develop is enjoying the journey while doing the assignments because this will allow you to have more fun while also learning the material. Additionally, the last behavior that I have used is the determination to watch the lectures and grasp the knowledge of the course and to complete the assignments on time. All these behaviors have helped me keep up with course objectives.
2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude:
Any moment that I have felt like giving up is rare, however, I have felt this feeling before in this class. One moment that I felt like giving up was when I had a lot of other work from my other classes that piled up because I procrastinated a lot of it. Then it came to my entrepreneurship work and I was feeling anxious about finishing it all. I was on the verge of just quitting and switching classes or just not doing the assignment. I knew if I didn’t do the assignment I would be behind already. Despite having that feeling, I pulled through it and completed my work on time and all my other work. The thing that reminded me not to quit was my core values of determination and hard work by it telling me “I don’t give up.” During the past two months, I have developed more of a tenacious attitude that I had. Before this class, I already had a determined mindset and rarely things deter me. I think through this class that attitude has gotten a lot stronger. This tenacious attitude grew larger by the experience of talking to a lot of people and exploring more options with my service. The experience of gaining insight into an opportunity then to plan to start a service to solve that problem you discovered has made me more tenacious. The experience of discovering more about a venture throughout this course has made me want to follow this service through and not give up.
3) Three tips:
The three tips I will offer to next semester’s student about fostering the skills that support tenacity and developing the 'tenacious mindset’ are:
  1. Plan to complete work ahead of time and then continue to get ahead on assignments, this will allow you to still learn the material and have more free time.
  2. Be organized with your work and don’t ever give up even if it’s difficult, you can accomplish your tasks on time and do your work efficiently.
  3. Focus on the big picture of the class but enjoy the journey, by this you will never lose sight of the end goal and you’ll have fun with the class.

Image result for never quit pictures

1 comment:

  1. What I found to be so unique about your post is that your talk about organization is in fact structured in a rather organized way! Surely it shows your efforts in effect in all of your works. With this, I agree that with an end goal you’ll be freed to have fun and grow throughout the time in this wonderful class!

    ReplyDelete