Thursday, March 26, 2020

Assignment 19A – Idea Napkin No. 2


1) I am a senior at the University of Florida (UF) majoring in Business Management. I have switched my major from Engineering to Business while going through my educational journey at UF. Some of my key talents and skills are Leadership, decision making, reliability, communication skills, athleticism, integrity, and dedication. Also, I am in Air Force ROTC, so I have gained experience in Leadership, decision making, communication, and integrity. Some experiences are that I have played football since I was about six years old, I have played soccer for some time as a kid, did track & field in high school, and won the scholar-athlete award in the District 7A high school football state championship. My successful completion of AFROTC Field Training has shaped me because it is a 13-day intense leadership evaluation while being under tremendous stress. Switching majors while being in college has also made me into the person I am because I had realized I wanted to do something that I have an interest in. Upon graduation from UF, I will commission into the Air Force as an officer and I will start my career. I will still be using my education in management as I will be applying principles learned in my classes to my leadership and management style. If I were to start this business, it would make my life busier, but it would also provide something I could do in my off-time and help run it. This business will help make me some more money, so then I can help change the world by helping keep scooter riders safe. This business will help me learn some business techniques and some valuable life lessons as well.
2) The service that will be offered to customers is a scooter course at local dealerships that offer scooters. This course will help educate new or current scooter riders on the proper driving and safety skills. Also, people who complete the scooter course will obtain a discount on a new or used scooter. The idea of pairing up the service with the discount on a scooter will help not only the people taking the courses but will also help the dealership make more money. Everyone that completes the scooter course will gain vital rider and safety knowledge. Also, there will be more money that will flow into the market and the economy. The unmet need of people that ride/own a scooter that lack rider and safety knowledge will decrease.
3) In general, people that have been involved with a scooter in common by either owning, riding or having a thought of owning a scooter in the future are all customers for this service. The demographic characteristics of my customers are students or people in Florida that would be involved with a scooter. The older scooter riders might not find value in taking these courses before buying a scooter or even after owning a scooter for some time. Dealerships that sell scooters are included in who the service will be offered to since they will find value in it with the added business that the course will bring. People that own a scooter already are included in the customer base but are not the target market because they will feel that their driving is good and don’t need the course.
4) This is a unique service that I will offer to customers because it will be the one way that people can gain the proper rider and safety knowledge that is specific to scooters. Additionally, along with gaining important rider and safety knowledge for scooters, the customer that completes the course can purchase a new/used scooter at a discount from the dealership. The only other way to gain rider knowledge is through a motorcycle safety course, in which you gain motorcycle knowledge. People would want to learn information on the specifics of riding a scooter. This service will be beneficial to them because it will keep people safe on the roads by knowing proper riding techniques.
5) The thing that sets me apart from everyone else is that there is currently no service that offers scooter courses in Florida. After completing the course, you will earn a discount on a new or used scooter. I have a service that is linked to a discount of a scooter in the dealership and this product-service combination is the only one like it. This product/service mix will lead to more changes involving scooters to help maintain rider safety, including legislation on scooters in Florida.
Evaluation: I believe that all these elements fit together well because it is important to make sure everyone driving on the road know how to drive their vehicle and how to be safe. All the elements go with my idea of keeping everyone safer on the road and to cut out on expensive hospital visits for people. The state will realize that there was a problem with scooter riders and then will show more support for the provided education for two-wheel transportation. It fits well with myself since I own a motorcycle and have been riding for over two years. As a motorcycle rider, I have even more in common with my market segment.
Feedback Memo: I received no negative feedback on the information that I presented in my first blog post. The things that I did revise in this post are that I cleaned up any grammatical errors that made the text confusing and unreadable. The other point that I fixed was removing anything that I already mentioned or that was unrelated to the question. This allowed my post to be clearer and more concise. I incorporated the feedback by rereading this idea napkin for any discrepancies and I fixed them. Also, I made sure to clean up run-on sentences and sentences saying what was already said.

2 comments:

  1. Hiii! I remember commenting on your stuff and aside from a few grammatical errors in the first one, this one is simply perfect now. Once again, I love how straightforward and honest you are throughout the entire portion of this, but I'm also happy you are able to self evaluate and correct things. Great job, as usual

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey it seems like you are a well rounded student and are headed in the right direction! I love how you have developed a product that provides safety for the roads because I've seen quite a few crashes while at school. I love how after not receiving any feedback you still were able to correct the grammatical errors in your posts.

    ReplyDelete