Thursday, March 19, 2020

Assignment 17A – Elevator Pitch No. 2


Link for Elevator Pitch No. 2:

1) A reflection on the feedback you received from your last pitch.
I received a couple of comments on my previous elevator pitch and they are both useful and insightful to sharpen my new elevator pitch. First, the big takeaway is that us important to the new elevator pitch is delivering the message better while still making eye contact with the viewers. I can accomplish this by memorizing my speech more. Next, although I did have a power stance in my first elevator pitch, I will move some more during transitions, and add more body movements. These movements will ensure I can be more enthusiastic in my speech and will engage the viewers more to the pitch.
2) What did you change, based on the feedback?
Based on the feedback that I received from the previous elevator pitch assignment, I decided to revise a few things for my elevator pitch. First, I will memorize my pitch better so then I will not have to look off the screen as often. This memorization will allow me to make more eye contact with my viewers. This increased eye contact will help my viewers be more engaged in my product/service mix. Next, throughout the pitch, I will show more enthusiasm to help convince potential buyers or investors. Finally, to allow I will move a little more in my presentation to be more fluid. Finally, to attract more attention and to support my pitch I will do more body movements and move around more during transitions in the elevator pitch.


4 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed your reflection because I too believed in reemphasizing the importance of eye contact during an elevator pitch. They say that the eyes are the windows to the soul, but in our case I say eyes are the windows to financial success. I also loved the part about memorizing the pitch. As a man with the memory of a goldfish I perfectly get that aspect. Despite this, you rose to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey timothy,

    I really enjoyed your new elevator pitch. I think you did a really good job and you reflected on the mistakes from your old one and perfected them this week. I could really see how much you improved and it really shows. I also think that your product is amazing and it really has great potential.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Timothy,
    I think that feedback is the best way to get better and master your elevator pitch because different people notice different mistakes that you may make. I also have trouble remembering to walk around as much as possible and I tend to make a power stance. Anyways great job on improving our elevator pitch as well as emphasizing making eye contact and selling the audience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your New elevator pitch is GREAT! I think it's wise to try to memorize your pitch because practice makes perfect! And perfect makes confidence! I see the confidence difference between your last one and this one and it's a HUGE improvement. The power stance this time was another key factor that helped you this time! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete