1.
Domain Expert in my Industry: The first person I interviewed was Joe Williams,
and he is the lead sales representative for Powersports USA. He has been
working with them for 5 years and he sells motorcycles, scooters, and anything
dealing with their equipment. He is the domain expert for my product/service
mix. Mr. Williams fills this spot because he has been working around scooters
for some time and owns a motorcycle himself. He knows scooters and motorcycles
and knows what it is like to sell scooters to college students. The way that I
found the person was looking up local scooter places in my hometown and then
picking one to go to talk to someone. He was the first person I approached, and
he happily talked to me. The favor that he did for me was offering me
valuable and vital knowledge of the scooter market today and some more facts
about scooters that I did not know already. The return expectation is that I
will refer some people I know to the store so they can check out the
merchandise they are selling. Including this person into my network will
enhance my ability to exploit this idea by I will have a better network
connection on more information about trying to sell them to college students
and more things to learn about scooters.
2. Expert in my Market: The second person
that I reached out to was Mr. Joe Wilson, and he is a Division Manager for
Motorsports Training Yamaha Motor Corporation. He has been with Yamaha Motor
Corporation for approximately 12 years and he loves what he does. He is going
to be the market expert for my industry. He fills this spot perfectly because
he is targeting the same market with a similar service and will help me gain
vital research. I found his information on the internet and decided to contact
him via email. The favor he did for me was that he shared his knowledge on how
to better research my customers so I could better attract customers to my
product/service mix. The return expectation was that I will update him on my
service and how I am doing on it. Having this individual in my network will allow me to
gain insight on how to attract more customers to my service. Also, it will help
me have an ability to network with him and others that he knows.
3. Important Supplier for my Industry: The last person that I
contacted was Jeremy Smith. He is the Manager and the Market Analytics &
Product Education Group for Kawasaki Motors Corporation. He has been with his
company for 20 years. He will be my supplier and he fills this spot because he
has been with the company for a long time and has more connections with the
education world for two-wheel transportation. I
found the person on the internet and decided I was going to email him and find
out more information regarding selling my services to other firms in my
industry. The favor that he will help me with how to supply the riders with
vital riding and safety knowledge. He said that he just expects me to use this
information so I can succeed with my idea to keep roadways safer. Also, I will
keep in contact with him as well with the help with my idea from him. By including
him into my network it will aid me in gaining more knowledge on the education
aspect for my service. Then it helps me have more people to help me with
getting my business idea to others. This process allows me to gain businesses
to offer the scooter to the rider for completing the course which will increase
their sales.
Reflection: This experience
will shape how I network in the future by I will be more confident to approach
people to gain insight into what they do and if they can help me. This experience
is a great place to start so then I will have a bigger network of people to
communicate with. Yes, this experience did differ from my past networking
experiences because I was selling myself to the people in the past. In this
situation, I am selling my idea and solution to them, so I can gain valuable
knowledge about the market and industry. I am selling myself somewhat, so these
experiences have some things in common, but I had a specific mindset going into
this networking experience. This experience was successful and will be worth it
in the long run.
Holy Hell! The people you listed are incredibly well versed in your idea and finding the complete right people to help you along the way! To have so many people close to you with that many years of experience is phenomenal!!! I'm so impressed with the list and the abilities they can help provide you. Great people you picked!
ReplyDeleteHey I think you did a fantastic job picking your industry leaders that fit with your product! I also felt way more confident to approach people for jobs. The bigger the network you have to communicate with the better chance you have at being successful. The only thing to think about that I’ve learned about networking is staying in touch and using other peoples resources to help you.
ReplyDelete