Friday, April 10, 2020

Assignment 25A – What’s Next?


Existing Market:
1. The next step for my venture in terms of products and services is to continue developing my courses. This next step is to perfect our teaching to ensure safer riders on the road. We will conduct before and after experiments of implementing the courses to determine the percentage decrease in accidents. Also, we need to set goals for the company and to expand more in the state of Florida. Customers will want the classes to be fun and entertaining. This step will allow my business to attract more customers and then I can expand my business.

2. After conducting my interviews, they suggested that I ensure that I test the market so then I know that it is the right market to enter. Additionally, the interviewees mentioned that I must know the best way to contact or get in touch with the customers that I will be targeting. Finally, I received great information about my product/service mix and more insight into my market that will help me be more successful.

3. Based on my expectations the path for my business’s future starts with testing my current market. Then after testing it, fix any mistakes found in our product/service mix and then let the business open. The next step is to advertise and reach out to the customers to ensure they know our business exists. Marketing our business to help it grow is the most important part. We need to make sure to advertise to our customers over mediums they are on or know about like social media. Another next step could be making an app where it would educate riders what happens when you are wearing headphones or not wearing a helmet. For example, it would be first-hand encounters from people that have been in an accident or were close and decided to take the courses. This app will increase the number of people taking the classes so more people are being safe on the roadways.

New Market:
1. A new market that I could target, instead of individual people, is reputable dealerships to I can teach my courses. This will allow my business to grow and it will be associated with a respected business, so then people will decide to take the courses.

2. The new market would benefit from my venture concept because the new businesses that will be offering my courses will increase their number of sales and revenue from the new customers they get into contact with. Also, the dealerships can connect with different people that I wouldn’t be able to connect with like older people. Also, this will expand my market and save my company more money too.

3. The two interviews that I conducted in this market stated that to help reach out to other businesses is by marketing to them and sitting down and talking with the business. This talk will allow them to understand the scope of your product. To be successful in this market I wouldn’t need to make any significant adaptations to my product/service mix. I would change how my company would make money from the courses and/or from the discounted scooter. Also, how I need to connect with the dealership is another aspect I would need to change.  Both people stated that I would be successful in going to the dealership first.

4. I learned that this new market would allow me to get into contact with more customers so then they can receive safe riding knowledge effectively. The surprising part about this new market was the effectiveness that they would be able to reach customers and earn their trust. My expectation that customers would trust dealerships over individual businesses was correct. This new market appears to be as attractive as my original market. Branching out into different markets helps me see how I could potentially get customers attention. I know after identifying this different market, selling to dealerships would be a successful market to enter to sell my services. It is great to learn that more people and businesses would be interested in my product/service mix and can’t wait to make roadways safer for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment