The Art of Social
Media: Power Tips for Power Users, Guy Kawasaki
1) The general theme of this book is about
tips on how to treat your social media like a business. Also, the book
discusses how you can use your social media to get your business good attention
from potential customers. The book talks about a bottom-up approach to obtain
good support from your market. The author has made this book as a guide to the
reader and how to use social media effectively to help yourself succeed.
Additionally, the main subject of this book is for social media marketing,
either for yourself or for your business. Social media is a very important
resource in this generation that helps customers or employers learn more about
you or your business. So, knowing how to use it properly is vital to your
future success.
2) This
book connected with what I learned in ENT 3003 by supporting the idea that I
learned in the class about it's more about who you know, not what you know.
Your social capital is very important to your business and how you look to
other people. Also, the book enhanced my learning in ENT3003 by enforcing the
importance of social media in everyone’s daily lives. As a college student
heavily involved in social media, I need to make sure I take care of my social
media image as that’s how future employers will see me. Also, other businesses
will be able to see my social media pages, so I must take care of it properly.
3) If I
were to design an exercise for the class, the exercise would be based on making
a social media page for the business that you have been committed to all semester.
The exercise would be to create a social media business page for the
product/service you are selling in your market. Then after you create it, the
task would be to edit your profile and post weekly content that your customers
would want to see. This content will attract customers to purchase your
product/service and will allow you to network better with other businesses or
investors. Make sure you mix in your unique perspective into your posts, so
your audience can enjoy it more.
4) My
biggest surprise when reading this book was the process of getting your media
pages started up and how important it is in today’s age. First, it is better to
have only 2 social media platforms that you like so then you can drive your
audience from one to the other and promote your business more. Second, you must
make sure to keep your page professional, since everyone is divulged into the
media. I think that what differed the most is that I knew that sharing things
should be what people want to see. The thing I learned is to make it a mix, and
still give your opinion about things that matter that will make your social
media page more entertaining for your followers. All the things I listed above
will help make your business more successful.
I almost chose this one too! You wrote everything out so clearly I felt like I did! I love the idea of creating another faux social media page for a company, I'd be wary of copyrights and image likeness issues. Although I don't believe it would be an issue, it's something to think about. There's a page called Yellowdig that allows you to do something similar, but with a little more wiggle room.
ReplyDelete