Monday, April 13, 2020

Assignment 26A – Celebrating Failure


1) This past semester I have learned from several failures, but in this post, I will describe in detail one of my failures from this semester. This previous semester, I was extremely busy with classes to ROTC tasks that I had to complete. The failure that I experienced was I forgot to do an assignment for another class. I received an email that reminded me to complete the task at a specific time. However, caught up with other things in my life, I neglected to check my email and completely forgot about completing the task. I was granted another opportunity to turn it in later in the future. After I was given this chance, I took advantage of it and completed my task. I failed to check my email which helps me stay on top of my coursework.

2) The failure that I experienced this past semester made me focus more on my academics. Also, it helped me think more about the bigger picture in life. I learned that I need to make sure I check canvas and my email more frequently. Checking them both will ensure more success with academics and my personal life. I learned to be more proactive with the tasks that I have been assigned to complete. After this experience I will check my emails and canvas daily.

3) Even though failure is difficult to experience, I believe that everyone must go through at some point in their lives. The reason behind this belief is that failure offers great life lessons that other things cannot teach you. Failure helps you learn perseverance and know-how to go through other difficult events that you will experience in your life. Failure is hard when you must go through it in your life. In my life, I handle failure very seriously. I make sure that I learn what I did wrong and fix that so then I don’t make the same mistakes again. Also, I ensure my emotions are in check so then I don’t get overwhelmed either. This class has not changed my perspective on failure that much, but it has made me realize to take more risks to learn from new experiences. These experiences will shape you into a better leader and entrepreneur. I am more likely to take a risk now than just a few months. I am more likely to take a risk because I have learned more from this class that failure if you learn from it and embrace it, can help you become successful later in life.

1 comment:

  1. Oh lord, I think we've all done this a time or two. Academics tend to lead students to anxiety and depression. This usually means it's the last thing that someone wants to address when their plate is already full. I respect that you've taken initiative to not freak out and stay in control of the situation! I'm glad you learned from your failure! Self discipline is the real goal here and you got it!

    ReplyDelete