Saturday, April 25, 2020

Assignment 30A – Final Reflection


1) Looking back at this semester, specifically, my time in this class has been an overall great experience. From becoming more aware of the problems that are facing people today to choosing an opportunity to help solve and make the world a better place. I believe that for this course our first assignment was a perfect way for students to get into an entrepreneurial mindset. Then to continue the identification of opportunities was an effective transition into us having to choose one of our own to pursue. The highs (or the fun moments) were talking to different people in the interviews to learn more about our customers. Including the interviews, when we grew our social capital by reaching out to people in high positions about more information in our market. A low of this semester were the times when we had three assignments due in a week. For me, this was a more difficult week because I procrastinate at times and so schoolwork would pile up. Even though I had a lot of schoolwork this semester, I had a great semester and accomplished all my tasks during the weeks. 

2) The experiences that stick out to be the most formative were forming an opportunity belief and the elevator pitches that we completed throughout the semester. The forming an opportunity belief was formative because I picked an interesting problem, and I knew that I would be sticking with my idea through the rest of the semester. I knew needed to be fixed in Gainesville, and so I decided to stay with it and build a business based on the product/service mix. The elevator pitch was another formative experience because it gave me a chance to practice my speaking skills about a known subject. Also, these skills can be later used in life as well. The experience that I will remember years later is “What’s your secret sauce” assignment where we got recordings from five people who know us best. I can always refer back to this assignment and bring it up amongst my friends for a good laugh as well. My most joyous experience was the second reading reflection because this book connected with me. Also, this book has a lot of life lessons that can be applied outside of this class. The experience that I am proud of accomplishing was testing the hypothesis part one because of how extensive the process was for the assignment. Also, we had to complete three assignments that week as well but completing them all helped me successfully develop my business.

3) Now at the end of the semester, comparing myself before and after this class I am closer to be an entrepreneur. I have learned a lot of crucial information and skills that have made me a better entrepreneur. From being aware of the problems around you to persevering from your past mistakes, these skills and knowledge learned can be applied to our future and even one day starting our own business. Yes, I do think I have moved closer to developing an entrepreneurial mindset because earlier in the semester I did not possess this kind of mindset until after completing the class. 

4) The one recommendation that I would make to students who take this class and go down this path is to stay on top of your assignments and do your work ahead of schedule too. This will help you have more free time for your other classes and free time as well. I recommend that other students should watch or attend class to do the best in this course. Additionally, I know personally that when it comes to doing assignments you will want to procrastinate on them. To help avoid that, you should just sit down and try to start working on an assignment for 15-20 minutes. This process will help you get past the writer’s block of starting an assignment and will help you better complete those assignments. To help foster that mindset, I recommend that you do your assignments on time, persevere through the tough times, and try your best. If you follow all those recommendations, your results will show that you succeeded in this course.

Perseverance — part 1 – Agape Community Bible Church Perseverance in writing - The Writing Cooperative

1 comment:

  1. Hey Timothy,
    I am glad that you got to enjoy this class and actually use it to your advantage. You were able to develop a great product while you invested your time in the class. I also liked doing the elevator pitches because they made more comfortable with speaking to the camera since we got feedback off the first couple. I'd also agree you really need to stay on top of your due dates in this class to be successful. If you look at some of your first assignments compared to now there is a huge improvement!

    ReplyDelete